The History Of Comics With Q-boy #60 An Outlaw’s Prayer For Vengence (Censored)
This comic is based on the work of Robert Crumb and Bobby Cakes is based on him. Robert Crumb is certainly a controversial figure, but he is undeniably a great artist. He gained his fame mainly during the late 60’s and 70’s in the underground comics scene. The documentary about him from 1994 “Crumb” is really worth seeing if you haven’t.
The whole idea of having Q-boy Comics in this story have “7 great artists” and the whole Q-boy Comics being like “Deathrow” started with the idea of having Robert Crumb be like 2pac. It was such a weird idea that I went with it. Now let’s explain the panels:
- Panel 1 is based on a panel from Crumb’s comic “My Troubles With Women” and the part in the thought bubble is based on a panel from another of his comics “The Adventures Of R. Crumb Himself” which you can check out here http://qr.net/bYtpa & here http://qr.net/bYtp2
- Panel 2 is based on another panel from “My Troubles With Women” and a panel from another comic he did “Motor City” #2 which you can see here http://qr.net/bYtrY & here http://qr.net/bYttc
- Panel 3 is based on a panel from a story Crumb did for “El Perfecto Comics”. The stuff in the thought balloon is based on a panel from his project from 2009 “The Book Of Genesis Illustrated” and one of the things he’s most famous for “Keep On Truckin’” a one page comic from “Zap Comix” #1 which you can check out here http://qr.net/bYtvg , here http://qr.net/bYtys , and here http://qr.net/bYtAb
- Panel 4 is based on an unpublished cover for “Hulp Comics” (that I couldn’t do justice to the crosshatching in) which you can check out here http://qr.net/bYtEu
- Panel 5 is based on a drawing of “Lightin’ Hopkins” from “R. Crumb’s Heroes Of Blues, Jazz, & Country” which you check out here http://qr.net/bYtCk
- Panel 6 is based on a drawing of Crumb himself and David Zane Mairowitz from “R. Crumb’s Kafka” which you can check out here http://qr.net/bYtGf
Next time we continue with Bobby Cakes as he works with Q-boy Comics. Check out new “Criminal And Crimefighter Conversations” on Tuesday-Thursday. Hope you enjoy and see ya then!
Twitter, IG, Flipagram: @rjoynesjr