Criminal And Crimefighter Conversations 179 –
Special-Girl, Hazard Hands, Apex & Quickie On Hazard Hands’ Show
I’ve (half) watched the first 10 episodes of “Iron Fist” and it is true. “Iron Fist” in not was good as the other “Marvel” “Netflix” shows. Keep in mind that’s a HIGH bar to measure up to. “Daredevil”, “Jessica Jones”, and “Luke Cage” were each unique entertainment experiences. “Iron Fist” is not quite that.
What it is, is above average. I would say “Lucifer” is an average show. If they took it off I wouldn’t care but it’s enjoyable. It’s a procederal with some gimmicks that keep it interesting. “Iron Fist” is better than that.
So what are the problems?
- There’s a lot of “been there done that” in the first few episodes. “Batman Begins”, “Arrow”, “Dr. Strange”, and even “Legion” had covered this territory
- There’s not a lot to “Danny Rand” as a character.
- “Danny” does something kinda messed up which I’ll get into tomorrow
- The best characters on the show are characters we already met
- The action isn’t great. It’s not terrible, but especially after “Daredevil” you expect more
- “Iron Fist” seemed to have to do the “heavy lifting” as far as setting up “The Defenders” show. Bottom line, it’s not great but it’s pretty good. Nowhere near as bad as critics have rated it.
Tomorrow Luscious Trapp replaces Apex and Quickie. Then Hazard Hands tries to figure out one specific criticism about his show. Hope you enjoy and see ya then!
Twitter, IG, Flipagram: @rjoynesjr
(Please share, retweet, etc.)