Criminal And Crimefighter
Conversations 221 – Special-Girl,
Freedom Female, & Admiral Fire & Spiderous-Man On Admiral Star
“Sailor Moon S” & “SuperS” : From Bad To Worse
Criminal And Crimefighter Conversations 221 – Special-Girl, Freedom Female, & Admiral Fire & Spiderous-Man On Admiral Star
I’ve now watched “Sailor Moon S” and “Sailor Moon SuperS”. These are season 3 and 4 of “Sailor Moon” if you don’t know. They only put of the second part of the “Viz” dub for “S” last week so I’ve only watched the “Cloverway” dubs… Gotta say “Sailor Moon” goes from bad to worse here…I’ll go into more detail about each season later but generally:
- The new “Sailors” “Uranus” and “Neptune” take up way too much of the spotlight. They’re also not very interesting characters. These are the famous lesbian “Sailors”. The “Cloverway” dub tries to avoid the lesbian stuff. They then make the strange decision to make them cousins. For a big part of the season they won’t tell the other Sailors what they’re up to. Even though it would take them like 5 minutes. It’s dumb
- I will say though I dislike “Rini/Chibiusa” less in this season. It’s funny that her powers don’t work most of the time and only cause pain without harming enemies.
- At a certain point “Sailor Moon” has to transform, go “Super Saiyan” then do her one-hit kill move to kill enemies. This is also dumb
- There’s a “Sailor” of destruction that it able to destroy an entire planet?! Why?! Again I say, WHAT IS THE NATURE OF THEIR POWERS?!
- They commit the ulitmate sin here… They leave the big final fight as something you can’t see. In fact the whole last fight with the big bad is SO cheap. They use A LOT of still photos instead of showing action. That’s bullshit, man!
- For a while the show becomes like a bad American girl’s cartoon from the 80’s. There’s even a villain with a weird voice and a sidekick and a flying horse. This person isn’t the “real big bag” though. With the now obvious pattern of this show the “real big bad” shows up about halfway in. She’s “Queen Beryl 2”, the less interesting version. Time also gets wasted with every useless side character that should’ve disappeared forever by now
- There’s some CREEPY stuff going down with “Rini/Chibiusa” and “Pegasus”. ESPECIALLY in the “Freaky Friday” episode where she and “Sailor Moon” switch ages
- The name of the attacks at this point have become self-parody
- They just say eff any thought about how gravity works in the last episode
That’s it for this week. Check out new “Criminal And Crimefighter Conversations” on Tuesdays- Thursdays. Hope you enjoy and see ya then!
Twitter, IG, Flipagram: @rjoynesjr
(Please share, retweet, etc.)